Memoirs of Insignificant Me

Memoirs of Insignificant Me

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A Cautionary Fairy Tale

I opened my favorite book and tore out a page because it had your name. My mom asked, "what are you you doing?" and by the look on her face I knew I was going to get an earful... But all she said was "foolish, that's your favorite book and you'll never get that page back" and walked away.

I'm the girl that believes in beautiful stories. And when I meet someone with kind eyes and kind words I want to read into every little detail that will later be another chapter in the most inspiring tale I've ever read.

When I flip through the pages of my life I don't remember the cliff hanger, and I don't remember abrupt endings or how the hero disappears.

I remember the beginnings. But yes, all beginnings. Some stories are longer then others and some more painful than others and definitely, one had more love than all others.

So, what is the moral to this very short story? One, my mom is right. I would have never gotten that page back. And two, you don't stop living your own fairytale because someone says they're not real. Just put the page you have ripped out back in your book and title it "A Cautionary Fairy Tale". Turn the page. Next Chapter.




No comments:

Post a Comment